Saturday, August 30, 2008

He Still Made A Way: Despite Of Me

On my 25th birthday, Saturday 23rd August 2008 I had the greatest honor of sharing God’s word with the generation at our young adults group. The level of responses that came back after this night were humbling, yet worthy of His praise as I began to see a generation being set free from their mistakes! If you are reading this, today God has an appointment with you. Remember this: God’s purpose for your life took into account your mistakes. You might be shocked by your mistakes and “messes” in life, but God isn’t. he’s made a way for you already. 
A lot of young people (and old alike) have quit on God and themselves because of things they’ve done, that were a shock to them. The bible says though that “If any man be in Christ he is a new creation, the old is gone and the new is come. If you are that person it’s time to get up and get going. God wants to reveal Himself to this generation through you and your life and your imperfections. He has invested so much in you. You owe it to this generation to allow them to see God through you. Rise up young man, rise up young lady! I listened to a song on the Saviour King DVD and it seemed to articulate some of what I am saying. 
Where I could have drowned in the depths of my failings, you still made a way when you saw me through your eyes, the eyes of your grace. Indeed you are my freedom, the reason that I can sing for joy, the reason I can wake up to dance for you, to praise you and life you high. 

I simply learn to bow again at your throne because you saw me at the same place of failure, and you loved me still. It cost you your very own son, yet you still made a way. Indeed you are the reason I’m kneeling again at your throne, I simply learn to bow. 
I receive your faith at your word, to approach your throne of grace boldly where you have made a way for me. I live free to speak to a generation that seeks your freedom. O Lord, where would I be without you in my life. 
I have a mandate to minister this grace to a generation that is bound by law. This generation needs to see themselves through His eyes of grace. With all our failures, Jesus has made a way for our freedom. There is therefore now no condemnation for those in Christ. Once you are free, you can also share this freedom. God’s purpose for your life took into account your mistakes. I look forward respond with your thoughts and comments and perhaps we could begin a grace series!
In His Grip!


4 comments:

  1. "where would i be if not for your grace"
    funny grace and faith have been my theme for the past month, so was really encouraged by your entry on grace.
    reminds me of how at times we even feel we need to work to earn God's grace, yet its a priceless gift he's made us worthy to receive. another reason i feel young people find it hard to just return to Christ is the belief that they have to work for HIS grace...keep encouraging young people tus, cause there so many mindsets that need to transformed within the youth...also feel that if people just shifted their attention onto God rather than trying to match up to what the rest of society is doing, we'd probably build a generation that knows who they are, and would therefore never doubt HIS grace.
    blessed through grace!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps 84:11 says “For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly.” When we admit we our mistakes and flaws before God, we are actually being sincere (walking uprightly), and then we can expect grace like the first part of the verse says. Indeed we need grace (Gods unmerited favour or help) to get to the place where God wants us to be, in order for Him to be able to bless us. We cannot make it on our own to be perfect Christians. God does not expect perfection, but a sincere heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm blown away, I have been experiencing this grace beyond my comprehension. God is faithful.. That's what His name is, even when we are faithless He still remains faithful.
    Why do we easily get blown off by the deception and lies of the enemy than holding on to the light and truth of His Word? Is it that it seems more real to us to live by our feelings and not tap into the potential reality of His Word to access that Grace that will enable us to stand on mountains?
    Thank you Tus. I look forward to hearing that message.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grace is the ability to see yourself through the eyes of God. Once this occurs then you will not have time to entertain what or who the worlds says you should be. Rather it creates boldness to bring before the throne of grace that which you know does not please God. Knowing that He took into your account all mistakes, you become willing to allow Him to teach you how to do life and are quicker in getting back into the Kingdom. I was fortunate enough to hear the message and believe there is more to the mystery of grace to be revealed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting & sharing your thoughts!