Saturday, September 13, 2008

Associations – Who you with?

One of the reasons I enjoy writing is because I believe that our experiences with God always have a principle hidden in them, that if shared, becomes a stronger conviction in my life, and more importantly, they help someone else relate and understand some of what they are walking through. A good example is the bible…Men who shared and documented their experiences with their Master, now inspire us to live a victorious life! When will you start to write your story? Earlier this week someone said to me” Tus, you have blog competition!” because one of our associations had started a blog. I don’t view that as competition, instead I’m glad that someone else is sharing their story…the story of how they became. I look forward to your story!

As you read through my blog I trust that you are seeing some of the change that is going on in my life. Better still, I hope you are going through significant change as well. Change is a sure sign of growth. If you are not changing, then you are not growing. Happiness is a result of growth! So check if you’re growing by inspecting your happiness. 

I’m fast learning that a man is not changed by his experiences or as I previously thought, the people meets. Instead, a man is changed by the words that pass through his life. It is how you interpret a situation or an experience that determines how it changes you. Recently I spent a week in the City of Chicago. This was the most insightful experience that I’ve had this year, because of the lessons I learnt from the dolphins at the Aquarium, the history at the Field’s museum, the Planetarium, and the all beautiful Ritz Carlton Hotel! Looking back, I realize that I learnt some life changing lessons because of the men that I was with and their Words! Someone on the same trip on holiday won’t have the same perspective when they travel alone, with no words to compliment the experience. 

All through the bible we learn that the destiny of all the kings was determined by which prophets they listened to. Similarly, your destiny is in the hands of your prophets, that is, those that you decide to listen to and take their advice. In light of this, you have to carefully choose your relations and your associations, and diligently cultivate the ones you choose. Surround yourself with people who are full of words of victory, and soon you will exhibit the seed of greatness that lies inside of you. 

It’s not always popular to redefine the relations around you, my question to you is, How bad do you want what the Lord has promised you? As I’ve been thinking about this subject I also realize that u have to continually grow in order to remain relevant to my friends, lest I become obsolete and boring to them! Invest in yourself so that you can be of quality association to those around you, that’s what I leave with you. Be prayerful as you choose your associations, for they affect your tomorrow. I look forward to your comments of this and other topic discussions!
Remain In His Grip!


6 comments:

  1. Today I received a life changing word, which must be shared at the right time and with the right associations. Jesus loved, He was not the nicest guy and He had a top three association team. I'll follow His example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is real deep , the people you associate with do shape who you are . of late i have been experiencing soo much and because i failed to see it God has removed certain people from my life . there are two types of people in life value adders or energy suckers . life is a journey and not everyone will travel with you all the way . i have learnt that . in a way it has left me slightly hard hearted to be honest but i am working through it. thanks for the word tus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome word my brother, Pastor Tom shared on this very topic of cutting ties with ungodly association last week at the Family service...It is indeed a word in season...and on that same day Pastor Bonnie spoke about writing down or journaling so that we cam leave something to the next generation..Keep writing my brother..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi "Anonymous", I'm glad that the notes shared on these pages are relavant and impactful to you. i look forward to hearing the progress on how your relations and associations are going, and maybe one day i can get to know your real name. Keep running your race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the message!! I have realised that I have maintained some of my relations as I can still relate to those same people. However in some instances some of my relations have fallen on the wayside. Not to say that I don't value those people but to say I do appreciate them for coming into my life but for now we are growing apart based on the way in which we have chosen to live. I am hesitant to say that we must cast people out of our lives on the basis that we have "grown and they are lagging behind. I think as much as our relations maybe energy suckers we need to find it within ourselves to differentiate the ways in which those relations are energy suckers or potential stressors. In so doing we could be helping lead someone in the right direction provided that they too would like to led.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tuscanie...keep going for God the way you are...I believe He is going to bless you beyond measure. It may look like small thing, but I believe that it is a great thing in the eyes of God...because with these words you have encouraged & watered many...may God encourage and water you too. You have delighted yourself in the Lord...may He fulfill the desires of your heart. Keep the fire...I can sense the fire you have for God even in e-land...and a few months ago I read a prophesy that deliverance is coming thru the internet...I believe you are being used mightily. God bless you brother!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting & sharing your thoughts!